Hemerocallis Always Afternoon is an easy to grow daylily.
In early summer atop upright stems appears magical flowers beginning with a green throat, purple burgundy eye softening to mauve to soft pink petals with an ever so slight ruffle along the edges. Clip off the stems of spent flowers for a neat look the rest of the growing season. Semi-evergreen foliage can be pruned back in late February to early spring to set the stage for new foliage to appear.
As with many daylily flowers, the Always Afternoon Daylily flowers are edible.
The Always Afternoon Daylily is available in:
Trade Gallon Grown
- Category: Perennials, Perennial Plants, Daylilies
- Plant Type: Semi-evergreen
- Light Requirement: Full Sun, Partial
- Soil Condition: Dry, Well Drained, Moist
- Bloom Season: Summer
- Bloom Color: Pink
- Mature Height: 1 - 2ft
- Growth Rate: Medium-growing
- Planting Zone: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
|Quantity||1 - 3||4 - Unlimited|