Experience our plants in a new way - click to listen!
Phenomenal Lavender Plants
Introduced in 2012, Phenomenal Lavender Plants will prove to be one of the hardiest lavenders available.
Lavandula x intermedia 'Phenomenal' does not experience winter die back as seen in varieties such as Munstead and Hidcote.
With its proven winter survival, the Phenomenal Lavender is hardy as far north as zone 4, which is unusual for lavender plants. Phenomenal Lavender was named a 'Must Grow Perennial' for 2013 by Better Homes and Gardens. The second image of the larger plant is at my porch and is a second season grower (from planting pint pot size).
New for 2020 the next generation of Phenomenal Lavenders! Sensational Lavender with huge blooms.
The uniform mounded shape of the Phenomenal provides a silvery base for the late spring to early summer blooms of deep blue to purple. Growing 12 to 32 inches tall with a spread of 24 to 32 inches, this hardy new lavender variety will stand up to dry, moist and well drained soils.
- Resists crown rot, downy and powdery mildews
- Deer resistant
- Rabbit resistant
- Heat tolerant
- Humidity tolerant
Great uses for the Phenomenal Lavender plants
- Low evergreen hedges
- Winter interest
- Cut flowers
- Attracts butterflies, bees and hummingbirds
- Check out our video with Tips on Growing Lavender Plants in your garden.
Fields of Lavender growing for harvest.
Phenomenal Lavender Plants are available in 2 sizes:
- Pint pots
- Quart Pots
Plants shipping to west coast addresses may be partially bare rooted and wrapped for shipping.
- Category: Perennials, Perennial Plants, Lavender Plants, Evergreen Perennials
- Plant Type: Evergreen
- Light Requirement: Full Sun
- Soil Condition: Dry, Well Drained
- Bloom Season: Summer, Autumn
- Bloom Color: Purple
- Mature Height: 2 - 3ft
- Growth Rate: Fast-Growing
- Planting Zone: 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
|Quantity||1 - 5||6 - Unlimited|