Free gardening gloves when you spend $75.00 or more!
Rose of Sharon Lucy Shrub -
Lucy Rose of Sharon Shrubs are popular because of their large double red flowers that bloom in mid to late summer when few other flowering shrubs are in bloom. Lucy Hibiscus Shrubs are so adaptable and will grow in sun or partial shade and in any soil type.
The growth rate of the Hardy Hibiscus syriacus Shrub ranges from slow to moderate, and transplanting is easy. Hibiscus syriacus also known as rose mallow, swamp mallow, althea and Rose of Sharon.
For most areas of the country, peak blooming of this flowering shrub takes place in late July to August. This hardy hibiscus can be pruned in late winter or early spring to remove dead, damaged branches and for shaping. Frequent severe pruning gives fewer but larger flowers; no or little pruning gives many small flowers.
Plant 4 to 5 feet apart in a row to create a beautiful flowering rose of sharon fence hedge.
Buy bare root Lucy Rose of Sharon at GreenwoodNursery.com for best prices.
Lucy Hibiscus Shrub is available in 2 sizes:
- 3.5 Inch Potted Plants (not currently available)
- One to two foot tall field grown bare root plants
- Category: Shrubs, Bare Root Shrubs, Rose of Sharon Shrubs, Flowering Shrubs, Privacy Hedge Shrubs
- Plant Type: Deciduous
- Light Requirement: Full Sun, Partial
- Soil Condition: Well Drained
- Bloom Season: Summer, Autumn
- Bloom Color: Red
- Mature Height: 6 - 10ft
- Growth Rate: Medium-growing
- Planting Zone: 5, 6, 7, 8
|Quantity||1 - 5||6 - Unlimited|