Color your summer landscape with these 7 flowering perennial plants to thrive in the summer heat.
These easy to grow and care for perennials are show-offs from June through September and excellent as cut flowers for indoor bouquets.
Drought tolerant plants - Best pollinator plants!
- Coreopsis or Tickseed - fluffy green foliage is the perfect base for the tiny colorful flowers.
- Coneflower or Echinacea - yellow to pink, berry, white and multi-color blooms - long flowering.
- Nepeta - butterflies and hummingbirds love this plant. extremely fragrant.
- Rudbeckia or Blackeyed Susans - beautiful yellow flowers with dark centers.
- Monarda - beautiful red flowers of the Fireball lure in hummingbirds.
- Salvia - blue purple spike blooms. great substitute for lavender.
- Shasta Daisy - daisy like flowers mix beautifully with others. long blooming.