Buy Spicebush Flowering Shrubs Online -
The Spicebush bush is a broad, rounded multi-stemmed flowering shrub covered with fragrant yellow-green flowers in early spring. On Lindera benzoin the flowers open before the leaves emerge and are held close to the branches. Aromatic light green leaves turn deep yellow-gold in fall. Birds feed on the small, brilliant red fruits formed on female plants.
Spicebush is an excellent native shrub choice for butterfly gardens because it provides food for caterpillars.
The fruits of Spicebush are shiny red berries called drupes. Birds, including American Robin, Northern Bobwhite, Gray Catbird, Eastern Kingbird, and Great Crested Flycatcher, eat the drupes. Raccoons and Opossums, also, eat the the berries from the Spicebush shrubs.
Plant in groups of 5 to 10 plants or as a hedge about 3 feet apart. Good for zones: 4-9
Spicebush Shrubs are available as:
- 1 to 2 foot tall bare root plants - 1 order contains 5 plants - Sold Out Spring 2021
- Quart Pot
Plants shipping to CA and AZ addresses may be bare rooted before being prepped for shipping.
- Category: Shrubs, Bare Root Shrubs, Flowering Shrubs, Privacy Hedge Shrubs, Fast Growing Shrubs
- Plant Type: Deciduous
- Light Requirement: Full Sun, Partial
- Soil Condition: Well Drained
- Bloom Season: Spring, Summer
- Bloom Color: Yellow
- Mature Height: 4 - 5ft
- Growth Rate: Fast-Growing
- Planting Zone: 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
|Quantity||1 - 4||5 - Unlimited|