Double Pink Flowering Reblooming Azalea
Do you adore azaleas but wish you could enjoy more blooms throughout the growing season? Now you can! The Perfecto Mundo® azaleas do just that.
Developed by Dr. Tom Ranney and his team at North Carolina State University, this reblooming azalea series blooms pink double blooms in mid to late spring, rests and then begins blooming again mid mid summer continuing on to frost.
Maturing at approximately 2 to 3 feet talll, the flowering evergreen shrubs have medium color green leaves that provide an excellent backdrop for the exciting double blooms. It, also, shows resistance to lacebug which can be a problem in some areas. Perfectly sized for low growing foundation planting under windows and aside porches and patios.
This reblooming rhodendron azalea blooms on the old wood in spring with the second blooming on new wood. Prune right after spring blooming to encourage new growth which will in turn produce a show stopping reblooming for late summer of double pink flowers.
While this azaela series will grow into USDA zone 6b, it is better suited to the coastal areas of 6b than the Midwestern region of zone 6b. For Midwest region of zone 6b, please plant in protected areas.
- Fertilize in early spring
- Excellent boxwood alternative shrub
- Beautiful pink double flowers
- Blooms spring and again mid-summer to fall (with light pruning after spring blooming)
- Low growing shrub (matures about 2 to 3 feet tall with 2 to 3 foot spread)
- Comparable substitute to the Bloom-A-Thon Azalea series
Check out our other colors of the Perfecto Mundo® series of Double Flowering Azaleas:
Perfecto Mundo® Double Pink Rhododendron x 'NCRX3' USPP 32
Perfecto Mundo® Double Pink Flowering Azalea is grown and ships in quart pots.
- Category: Shrubs, Boxwood Alternatives, Flowering Shrubs, Evergreen Shrubs, Azaleas
- Plant Type: Evergreen
- Light Requirement: Full Sun, Partial
- Soil Condition: Well Drained
- Bloom Season: Spring, Summer, Autumn
- Bloom Color: Pink
- Mature Height: 2 - 3ft
- Growth Rate: Medium-growing
- Planting Zone: 6, 7, 8, 9
|Quantity||1 - 4||5 - Unlimited|