You are here
More Tips to Attract Butterflies to Your Garden
Plant our Instant Butterfly Bushes Garden Package and you will be attracting butterflies to your garden in no time. Specially selected plants to attract butterflies, also bring hummingbirds and bees to your garden. Attract butterflies and hummingbirds to your garden with our selection of flowering shrub bushes and perennials. Brightly colored blooms draw in butterflies like a magnet.
- Butterflies are attracted to brightly colored flowers that are purple, orange yellow and red.
- Single petaled and shallow blooms make it easier for butterflies to access the nectar. Narrow, deep trumpet flowers and those that hang downward make it difficult for butterflies.
- Group your plants in 3's or more. The bright colors of the plants multiplied make it easy for the butterfly to spot.
- Place overripe fruit, mashed fruit, molasses, beer or fruit juice on a shallow dish to attract butterflies or soak an old dish towel in your mix and drape it over shrubs or low growing tree branches.
- Butterflies love vegetable gardens, particularly beans, celery and everything in the cabbage family.
- Asclepias tuberosa (butterfly weed or milkweed) are all around plants for butterflies as they are hosts from the caterpillar for its food onto the butterfly for nectar.