You are here
5 Tips For Fall Planting and Gardening
Here are 5 tips to help you with fall planting and gardening.
- When in doubt on which plants to choose for your yard, whether perennials, shrubs or trees, going with native plant varieties is always a safe option.
- Avoid planting a wide variety of shrubs and perennials throughout your yard or landscape. Choosing several plant varieties and plant each single variety in 3's. Planting in 3's is visually appealing.
- Ground cover plants are good solutions for shaded areas with poor soil or where grass won't grow.
- Fall is a good time to plant trees, shrubs and perennials. With the warm soil, plants will continue to produce newer roots. Don't fertilize with fall planting.
- Mulch plants now for winter protection. Mulching for winter helps to stabilize ground temperature and protect plants from above ground temperature fluctuations.