Fast Growing Tulip Poplar Trees
Tulip Poplar Trees are fast growing shade tree that can grow 15' to 20' over a 6 to 8 year period. Yellow Flowering tulip poplars can be used as a specimen tree on a large property. It has a wonderful shape and in fall, the foliage turns golden.
This fast growing tree is a large, stately deciduous tree that is a native tree to the eastern United States.
As a fast growing shade tree, the Lirodendron tulipifera can grow to great heights. While sometimes it takes a conical form, when grown in the open the Tulip Poplar often assumes a broad columnar shape that is more its signature form.
The distinctive tulip-shaped yellow flowers really do look like large bright yellow tulips. At the southern end of its range tulip poplar blooms in late spring while in its northern range they'll appear around early to mid summer. The handsome flowers are greenish-yellow with orange markings and are held at the branch tips where they can be best admired. Flowers are followed by a brown scaly cone-shaped fruit. The leaves are single square-lobed and are about 6" long. Tulip Poplar Trees have moderate water requirements and a moderate tolerance for salt and alkali soils.
Image taken in May when trees are generally in flower.
Tulip Poplar plants are available in 3 sizes:
- 2 to 3 foot tall plants - 1 plant per order (when available)
- Quart Pot - 1 Plant
- Gallon Container Grown - 1 Plant (when available)
Container orders shipping to CA or AZ addresses may be bare rooted before being prepped for shipping.
- Category: Trees, Container Grown Trees, Shade Trees, Fast Growing Trees, Flowering Trees
- Plant Type: Deciduous
- Light Requirement: Full Sun, Partial
- Soil Condition: Well Drained, Moist
- Bloom Season: Spring, Summer
- Bloom Color: Yellow
- Mature Height: 75 - 100ft
- Growth Rate: Fast-Growing
- Planting Zone: 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
|Quantity||1 - 4||5 - Unlimited|