Plant Sweet Woodruff in your damp, shaded garden areas.
Sweet Woodruff is a perennial herb plant that grows as a low maintenance ground cover plant in moderate to wet soil. The fragrant leaves of the Galium odoratum smell like hay when dried and used to flavor teas, fruiting drinks, sachets and potpourris. Sweet Woodruff spreads by its creeping roots and self seeding and often goes dormant in summer when planted in dry areas or during drought. Grows up to a foot tall with a spread of up to 20 inches wide.
Woodruff is one of the few herbs that grows in damp to wet soil. This fragrant perennial herb is the base for the German beverage in making May Wine.
Sweet Woodruff is available in 3 sizes:
3.5 Inch Pot
One Quart Size
- One Gallon (Trade) Container
- Category: Perennials, Perennial Plants, Herb Plants
- Plant Type: Deciduous
- Light Requirement: Partial, Full Shade
- Soil Condition: Well Drained, Moist, Wet
- Mature Height: 0 - 1ft
- Growth Rate: Medium-growing
- Planting Zone: 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
|Quantity||1 - 5||6 - Unlimited|