Little Bluestem Schizachyrium scoparium -
Schizachyrium scoparium, commonly called little bluestem, is tolerant of high heat and humidity. New growth sprouts are greenish blue maturing to red and deep blue.
Silvery white flowers of the Schizachyrium scoparium appear in late summer becoming more showy as the foliage fades to shades of burgundy. Little bluestem is an easy to grow perennial.
Excellent companion plants for the Schizachyrium scoparium and 'The Blues' are coreopsis, coneflowers, daylilies, and butterfly weed plants.
Please Note: Our 3.5 inch potted plants are 'The Blues' variety with the gallon size potted plants as only Little Bluestem Schizachyrium scoparium.
The Blues is available in 3.5 Inch Pot.
- Trade Gallon size is Schizachyrium scoparium (not 'The Blues' variety).
Orders shipping to AZ and CA will be bare rooted before being prepped for shipping.
- Category: Perennials, Ornamental Grasses
- Plant Type: Deciduous
- Light Requirement: Full Sun
- Soil Condition: Well Drained
- Bloom Season: Autumn
- Bloom Color: Purple
- Mature Height: 3 - 4ft
- Growth Rate: Medium-growing
- Planting Zone: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
|Quantity||1 - 5||6 - 10||11 - Unlimited|