Prairie Dropseed Grass
Sporobolus heterolepis, looks as good in dormancy as it does during the growing season. Prairie Dropseed Grass changes from true green in the spring and summer to a spectacular yellow-orange in the fall. Prairie Dropseed is a Grass that is carefree as well.
Tolerating a variety of soils and water conditions this plant works well for new gardeners or difficult sites. Sporobolus is rather slow growing too, which means that it doesn't require as much pruning. Plant this one about 24 inches apart for a nice edging that will frame your walkway or garden all year long.
Prairie Dropseed Grass is available in
- Pint Pots
Cannot Ship to Oregon
Plants shipping to CA and AZ addresses will be bare rooted before being prepped for shipping.
- Category: Groundcover Plants, Perennials, Perennial Plants, Ornamental Grasses
- Plant Type: Deciduous
- Light Requirement: Full Sun, Partial
- Soil Condition: Dry, Well Drained, Moist
- Bloom Season: Summer
- Mature Height: 1 - 2ft
- Growth Rate: Slow-growing
- Planting Zone: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
|Quantity||1 - 5||6 - Unlimited|