Nellie Stevens Holly is a fast growing evergreen holly tree.
Ilex x 'Nellie R. Stevens' is often used as a specimen tree as well as in privacy fences and property borders, making it an excellent choice for our Living Fence Plants. It's pyramidal shape requires little to no pruning. This low maintenance holly produces spiny dark green leaves that provide a striking backdrop for the round red berries.
Nellie R. Stevens Holly is a female hybrid plant that is a cross between an English Holly and a Chinese Holly. It does not require a male counterpart plant to fruit, although a male Ilex x 'Edward j. Stevens' will encourage more fruiting.
Care for Nellie Stevens Holly:
If shaping is necessary, pruning should be made in early summer. As with any holly, it will need regular watering especially in the first year to establish a strong root system. May require weekly watering during periods of extreme heat. Use a general fertilizer in early spring.
Matures in the 20 to 30 foot height range with a spread of 10 to 15 feet wide.
- Fast growing evergreen tree
- Low maintenance evergreen
- Requires little to no pruning
- Excellent specimen tree
- Privacy fencing
- Drought & heat tolerant
- Tolerates clay soil
Nellie R. Stevens Holly is available in 3 sizes:
- 2.5 Inch Pot
- Quart Pot - Ready for Spring 2022
- Trade Gallon Pot - Not available
Plants shipping to CA and AZ addresses will be bare rooted before being prepped for shipping.
- Category: Trees, Container Grown Trees, Privacy Trees, Evergreen Trees, Shrubs, Privacy Hedge Shrubs, Evergreen Shrubs
- Plant Type: Evergreen
- Light Requirement: Full Sun, Partial
- Soil Condition: Well Drained, Moist
- Bloom Season: Spring
- Mature Height: 20 - 30ft
- Growth Rate: Fast-Growing
- Planting Zone: 6, 7, 8, 9
|Quantity||1 - 5||6 - Unlimited|