Buy Potted and Bare Root Christmas Ferns
Mature Christmas Ferns have leathery, dark green, lance-shaped evergreen fern leaves and are useful in dried arrangements.
Plant these evergreen ferns in humus-rich, loamy, moist but well-drained soil in part to full shade. One of the few evergreen ferns, Christmas ferns will tolerate a fair amount of sunlight if the soil is kept reasonably moist.
Polystichum acrostichoides are evergreen ferns that are native to North America. They are clump forming and can be divided in spring, replanting the rhizomes just below the soil. Landscape uses: Christmas ferns make wonderful evergreen accents in the shade garden. Plant them with these companion plants: hostas, astilbe, bleeding hearts, foam flowers (Tiarella), lungworts (Pulmonaria), Tradescantia, and Tricyrtis.
Available as potted ferns and bare root ferns tubers.
Christmas Ferns are available as:
- Bare Root - 1 Order Contains 5 Tubers (Now booking for Fall to ship in November for zones 5-9. Ships Spring 2024 for zones 3-4.)
- Pint Pots
- Quart Pot - Sold Out
Plants shipping to CA and AZ addresses will be bare rooted before being prepped for shipping.
- Category: Perennials, Perennial Plants, Ferns
- Plant Type: Deciduous
- Light Requirement: Partial, Full Shade
- Soil Condition: Moist, Wet
- Mature Height: 2 - 3ft
- Growth Rate: Fast-Growing
- Planting Zone: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
|Quantity||1 - 4||5 - Unlimited|